Aluminum wheels are becoming an ever more popular feature on cars and trucks of every make and model. There are a number of good reasons behind this, that also applies to your next Paxster.
- Aluminum wheels are far more resistant to rust and corrosion than ordinary wheels. Being resistant to corrosion also makes it easier to clean and polish because the surface will not be riddled with flakes and pockmarks that rust can cause. This is excellent news for anyone living in a moist climate
- Because aluminum wheels are significantly lighter than steel and other heavier wheel types, they impose a lesser burden of weight on the vehicle. This naturally results in better fuel economy.
- Being naturally shinier and easier to polish than steel wheels, aluminum wheels will improve the appearance of your Paxster
- Aluminum wheels deliver a better ride because they are lighter. That means when you hit a dip or a bump; aluminum wheels strike less forcefully.
Steel - Standard
For drivers looking for a cheaper more durable alternative, steel wheels are the way to go. They are stronger than alloy wheels making them the ideal choice for use in the winter.
- Unlike alloy wheels, durability is a major advantage when it comes to steel wheels. Cracking a steel wheel is nearly impossible.
- Cosmetic damage is not typically an issue with steel rims as they naturally look rough and tough. This also makes it easier to repair a bent steel wheel since there is no fear of damaging the appearance.
- Another advantage of steel wheels is the price. If the need arises to replace your steel wheel, the cost will be inexpensive compared to an alloy replacement.